Thursday, January 29, 2009

Running in Slush

I was so grossed out that every time I got on my mileage was not changing!!! I feel like 7 degree temperature is a good enough excuse, but after seeing a few people out, I decided not so much. So far my mile log is averaging out to be only 1 mile a day (I did go on vacation for the first week of Jan, but I am not letting myself off since the resort did have a fitness club and I purposely did not pack shoes). My goal is to not end the year with that type of numbering... so I put on my running shoes and ran in slush just to be able to update that little number on the side of my page. I cannot believe that was enough motivation for me to get out and run, but it worked. It was even enough for me to sign up for my first race of the year- "The Frigid Five," and will be running that in two weeks. Then my second race will be a leg of the OKC marathon relay. Heck, who knows, maybe by November I will actually be running my first half marathon. I never thought I would even think about it, but five today seemed like cake walk, where as that used to be my long day. Perhaps I will go for six on Saturday...

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

Nice work lady! There's nothing quite like running a half, I'll keep encouraging you!

Dr. Erin and Mr. Heath said...

Hello, my cyberstalker :)
Yes, I do know this friend! Are her intials N.T.?? I love her - she's a very good friend from med school! What a small world!