Monday, February 9, 2009

The Newest Trend

I feel like a grandma! I have taken up crocheting. All for a good cause of course, I am making a beanie for my friend's baby shower. It is going to be an adorable soft white hat, with the cutest coral/pink flower on the side. I had been thinking of needing to do something while watching my weekly shows (I can't help it, I am addicted and my husband works till ten most nights), so I was not mindlessly sitting. Sewing needed a room, not a couch, so it was between knitting and crocheting. At this point I didnt even know how to spell the word "crochet", but MeeMa told me that knitting was harder, and took longer to fix a mistake, so I quickly decided which would be my new hobby. I had my mom show me how on Thursday, and all weekend I practiced my single stitch and double stitch. Okay, not all weekend. I did manage to see He's Just Not That Into You- which I thought was great. But I actually sat on the couch and crocheted while hanging out with friends. Friends that I had driven three hours to see for the weekend. I kept thinking I needed to put it down, and act my age, but I was obsessed with mastering it. I told my mom how I felt 80, and she informed me that it is a new trend, coming back in... hmmm my mom (who is a grandma) is telling me about the upcoming trends? of crocheting?? I think I need to get out more!

1 comment:

TexanCouture said...

I've always kind of wished I could, I want to learn to be more crafty!!
Sadly my inspiration and urge to learn came from seeing a crochet book to make dog outfits at Barnes & Nobles, lame I know lol