Monday, February 16, 2009

Finally

I am feeling better. A mild cough after an outdoor run on Wednesday quickly turned into the flu or some other horrible virus. I have lived on the couch since Wednesday night. Literally. Not moving further than to check my temp and remedicate. I was meant to go to professional development on Friday but had to cancel. I was hoping by Saturday my 102 temp would be down and I would be able to run in my early morning race, but alas it was not meant to be and my husband and I instead at ice cream for dinner on the couch for Valentine's Day, which was actually my highlight of the weekend.

As I was still miserable last night, I called my boss to let her know I would be taking the day. I was so surprised when she seemed highly annoyed that I was calling in sick, which I have never done in four years, until now. I have always hated the catch up that comes with having a substitute.

So now I was sitting on the couch feeling miserable AND guilty for taking a day off work! I sat wondering if I was being a baby, and if I should just suck it up. But really more hurt that I was left feeling irresponsible for being sick.

1 comment:

SAB said...

Seriously...you should never feel guilty for calling in sick. It is better to get back to normal at home, than to spread your virus to everyone else. I hope you feel better soon!