Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
However, they weren't too excited about that idea. I suppose I will have plenty more time to practice.
Fun was had by everyone!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Kara is lucky to have be living down the street from some of her close friends. Why they gave her the code to it though, and i don't know why. :) Case in point- she went to her friends house while they were out of town and stole this chair and Ottoman because she needed more seating for her Christmas party. Oh, and she took their Christmas tree skirt right out from under their tree, and has found it a new home under her own. AND she was telling me how cute and well decorated her friend's house is, and so she let us in to snoop around while they were still out of town! Michelle has great taste and didn't mind at all when she found out.
And no house tour would be complete without the guard dog named Boss. He is sticking his tongue out for the camera. Gotta love him.It was a great trip and i left envying the luxury of a new home and all the amenities already when i got the call that our car had been stolen. Right out of the driveway. The second one from our neighborhood, with a third vandalized. Some 14 year old had gotten cold on the way home from his walk and decided to steal it for a warm ride. So he punched in a window, tore up the dash, hot wired it, and helped himself to my calcium chews. Unfortunately it was found in not so good condition, and we will be getting nothing from insurance for it and will be buying a new car before the new year. Here's a look at the fun he had.Oh the joys!! But everyone is safe and we were planning on selling it in the near future anyway. That makes two stolen cars and one broken into for Alfie. Poor guy. But he still doesn't want to move back home...
Thursday, December 17, 2009
All of that makes of this pooch.... lucky you. it wont upload. actually it is lucky me. i look huge in the photo and am really regretting skipping the gym today. that was a mistake.
- I don't know what to call the baby. "It" sounds too impersonal or rude. "Peanut" and "bean" are perhaps a little cheesy for me. I was calling "it" by "he" or "him", as i was positive, as was my husband, that it was a boy. But i was left questioning it when we heard the heartbeat and as the predictions go it sounded like a girl. Now i don't want to call him by boy pronouns, as i don't want there to be any gender confusion... I'm at a loss for a name at this point.
- The first two ultrasound photos freak me out a little bit. The head looks a little alien like, and i was hoping to see more proportion at this point. Like eyelids and thumb sucking. I know, i know, i have been reading the books... way too early for all that, but still. I want more baby, less huge head. However, i do kinda get a flutter when i look at the last photo as i can see eye sockets and legs and perhaps the nose. That little bit of baby looks so much sweeter and excitement starts to kick in.
- I'm still too scared to plan for the nursery. i still feel like buying anything or planning too far ahead will only end in disappointment. i am not superstitious per say, but i don't want to jinx us. i am just now getting comfortable with no longer saying "guest room" but nursery instead.
- i just found out tonight that you're pregnant for 10 months and not 9 months. Thanks Courtney.
- the idea of getting huge freaks me out. but i cant wait to be showing. this comes and goes. sometimes i like that i am not showing yet. that no one at the gym knows i am walking on the treadmill because i am not suppose to be running during this pregnancy, though i still try to sneak some running minutes in. but at the same time i know that as my belly gets bigger the sooner i will get to feel some baby movements, and that is what i am most looking forward to. out of the whole pregnancy experience this is the one that i have wanted to experience the most. what does the right hook feel like from the inside??
- i haven't put lotion on since finding out i am pregnant. not one drop of cocoa butter. somewhere in the back of my mind i wonder if perhaps i will get stretch marks because of it, but not enough to actually do it.
- the first trimester was not all that enjoyable for me. i thought i would instantly feel pregnant. not so much. i am lucky though, i have not been sick at all. the most i have felt is some sickness in the morning before i got out of bed. and it wasn't every morning. i didn't feel so much sick, as just off, and not quite right. and the nausea if i didn't have something in my stomach...that was bad, that would really get me gagging.
- the worse though was the exhaustion. how do moms of one do it again and again? i could come home from work and nap, but i wonder how does one make it through the day with a two year old running around?!?! we ate out more during the first tri then we probably have in the whole last year. the thought of going to the grocery store made me curl up on the couch. i think i went twice. my awesome husband did the rest.
- but besides the physical side, the emotional side. perhaps it was the mood swings, but i worried a lot. a lot more then i thought i would. are we ready for this? i can barely handle being tired now, can i do it will a baby waking up ALL the time?? what if it's not a fairy tale ending? what if my child____________? fill in the blank. any worry you can think of, i have had. i teach, i work with a lot of kids. it can make a person think shallow thoughts and some really deep thoughts.
- in the end though, i have made it through the first 12 weeks. we have heard a heartbeat. things look and sound great. and my faith is in God. His timing, this child, all in his hands in his perfect plan. i know this. i shouldn't worry. i will try really hard not to.
- the reason i started this blog was in hopes that one day i would be blogging about my baby. i have really slacked. there is so much going on, but as i look at everyone else's blog that i find inspiration from, i suddenly feel like i really don't have anything interesting. but i will be doing better. i will also be putting a belly shot up monthly, at least until i feel like it is indecent exposure and worry about being flagged. but i know my MIL will really appreciate getting to stay in touch with the pictures and thoughts as the next months progress.
- speaking of worried, i am semi-nervous for hosting the next coffee gathering for my friends. i love getting together, but stress about it every time for some unknown ridiculous reason.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
My cute baby sister is standing, i'm the one with massive glasses.
I had to wear my hat sideways to fit all the frizz... and because it was the style.
There aren't words for my pants. These were never in style, never cool, and should never have been worn. You cant see it, but i also was wearing a really "cool" peace sign necklace, i believe it was lime green.
If you look really close you can see one of those chains to hold onto my glasses so i could take them off and wear them around my neck. Not that i ever did that, i had a lazy eye and got headaches when i didnt have my glasses on.
Building animals out of cards was a favorite pass time. This is a whale. Can you see it? The fin is the back part by my feet. Oh, and notice the pink overalls complete with a bandana.
I wonder where all my friends are? Enough said on this.
My favorite outfit, worn on the first day of i believe fourth grade, possibly third. How much shorter can my bags get?
The beginning of my chubbo stage. Notice how i am wearing my cap. If you watch the olympics or are familiar with swimming, then you know that ears should be tucked inside the cap, like the girl standing on the block.
But to give myself some credit, it one point before the perms, glasses, and freedom to "learn from my mistakes" i had been a pretty cute little toddler.
I would post some from high school, but i dont have my yearbooks. I know i bought one, but i have no idea what i did with it. At one point i wanted to throw it away, or burn it, but i think it is hiding in a box somewhere in my parents attic. One day maybe i will revisit that stage.
The day you deliver, outside will be misty. Your baby will arrive in the
middle of the night.
After a labor lasting approximately 10 hours, your
child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 1 ounces, and
will be 16-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and a little
patch of black hair.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Ahhh, the flash. It looks sooo much better.
But I am much happier with my fall wreath then what I was currently welcoming visitors with
Sunday, September 27, 2009
This is in Anchorage, on our first day.
Kenai Fjords. I forget the exact name of the Glacier, but we are about a mile and half out from the base. It looked a ton closer. We watched it break and crack into the ocean. Possibly my most favorite thing we did. SO BEAUTIFUL.Is it weird this picture makes me thing of fall? The leaves were starting to change while we were there, and the cool weather... If it weren't fort those 165 inches of snow annually, I could totally be Alaskan. The silt from the glacier made the most beautiful blue/green contrast with the trees. Have I mentioned it was gorgeous??
We had a great time. Everyone was able to make it, except my brother, who was sorely missed. We did not see any grizzly bears, though I was bound and determined to see them. We spent the whole last day "hunting" them through the Russian River area. Besides some serious footprints, we didn't see much. I also wanted to see a moose. I came home with a moose mug instead!
Monday, August 10, 2009
I am sitting on a cooler and the littlest child was taking the picture
Heading off to the day dock
Waiting for the others to play
Sisterly loveGolf cart included with houseYes these sandwiches deserve a picture.