Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Time to Move??

I had an awesome time in Arkansas, after finally getting there. It started out as a great road trip, me and my tunes cranked up high, singing my guts out. Then I realized my three hour trip was getting long and i still hadn't seen some landmarks. Turns out that I missed my 540 exit (the ONLY exit i have to take to get there) and was driving to Little Rock instead of Fayetteville. In serious need of a bathroom break i turned around to stop at a rest stop and then find my lost exit. It turns out there aren't any rest stops until the 540 exit and my three hour trip turned into a 4 1/2 hour drive. But it was all worth it to hang out with Kara and see her gorgeous new house! I loved it! They picked some awesome colors and have a really awesome open floor plan. Not to mention stained concrete floors with clean baseboards, i love my old house and all its character, but seriously, i envy new baseboards.


Here is a pic from the front door of just the living room






This is another shot from the front door looking into the wide open space. I love how it is all open and flows. Great for having people over.




Her beautiful kitchen with the 405 picture our very talented friend made. It looks perfect. We were trying to figure out the h in the corner. Does it stand for her last name or for "home" since 405 is and will always be (or should) home for Kara.


Kara is lucky to have be living down the street from some of her close friends. Why they gave her the code to it though, and i don't know why. :) Case in point- she went to her friends house while they were out of town and stole this chair and Ottoman because she needed more seating for her Christmas party. Oh, and she took their Christmas tree skirt right out from under their tree, and has found it a new home under her own. AND she was telling me how cute and well decorated her friend's house is, and so she let us in to snoop around while they were still out of town! Michelle has great taste and didn't mind at all when she found out.




And no house tour would be complete without the guard dog named Boss. He is sticking his tongue out for the camera. Gotta love him.It was a great trip and i left envying the luxury of a new home and all the amenities already when i got the call that our car had been stolen. Right out of the driveway. The second one from our neighborhood, with a third vandalized. Some 14 year old had gotten cold on the way home from his walk and decided to steal it for a warm ride. So he punched in a window, tore up the dash, hot wired it, and helped himself to my calcium chews. Unfortunately it was found in not so good condition, and we will be getting nothing from insurance for it and will be buying a new car before the new year. Here's a look at the fun he had.

Oh the joys!! But everyone is safe and we were planning on selling it in the near future anyway. That makes two stolen cars and one broken into for Alfie. Poor guy. But he still doesn't want to move back home...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I vote NO to the move. Unless you take us with you :)