Saturday, January 10, 2009

DeLurking

A brand new year brings a brand new blog. I have no idea how I even got started lurking about the blogs, but somehow it became part of my daily routine. Email, facebook, blogger.

As the hubs and I sat around making our list of New Years Resolutions, I decided it was time to become a part of the blogging world. So Resolution number 7, was to "delurk". By the time we had gotten back from our Mexican vacation, I had talked myself out of creating a blog. I mean what would I write about? What would the title be? Why make a blog that no one would read? Then this Saturday morning, as I was making my first cup of coffee, I realized that if I gave up so easily on Resolution number 7, how was I going to be successful in Resolution number 5, lose the last 10 (cough... err 15) pounds. So with that... here I am. If for nothing else I will now be able to cross off number 7. Done. First accomplishment of the year.


New Years Resolutions

Things that you will undoubtly read about as I continue my decent into the blogging world, are my Resolutions for the year. So I am making my usually very private list, very public. Hopefully it is enough motivation to actually accomplish them.

(Resolution #1) My quest to find a new job. I have decided teaching is not it, but with background in little else, and with the current state of the economy, I have yet to figure out what it will be. I am 100% sure I could work at Starbucks and enjoy it more then my current postition, however, I need insurance. Really good insurance, that would pay for a baby. Yes, I believe it is time to procreate. If only it were that easy. I won't say much on this topic, except that I resent that my sex life has come to peeing on a stick. Though it has only been five cycles, all the waiting between makes it seem like forever. I wanted to include getting knocked up on my list, but I decided that would be cruel to myself, for it is nothing I can actually control. So instead I put lose weight (#5). While eveyone around me is getting big with healthy pregnancy weight, I will lose.
(#2) Is the logging my miles I run this year. I saw this on a blog I follow, I and I think if I actually keep a running record, I might get more into it, and stay more consistant.
(#3) Run in a race. What is the point of all this running if I don't do something with it?
(#4) Save. The hubs and I plan on going to Bali for a wedding in July. Enough said on why saving is on the list.
(#5) Mentioned above, lose weight.
(#6) Volunteer. I have plenty of time to do somethig productive, because my husband works alot!
(#7) Create a blog.
(#8) Work on backyard. I will need to post a picture, so you can fully understand what two Boxers can do in a day.
(#9) Become involved in my church. I go. I sit. I listen. I leave. Not quite the point, me think.
(#10) Run around the lake. I have always wanted to do it, and it drives me crazy that my husband has done it with his ex-girlfriend, although he walked it. It is about 9-10 miles, depending on who you ask. Easy for a beautiful Spring Saturday, when I would normally be on my third cup of coffee.

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

hah! I love this start to the new year for you!

Rachel said...

That whole running the lake is over rated. Ryan states he ran it 2-3 times (i still don't believe him). That sucker is far!!! We walked/ran it once.......it took forever....best of luck with that...the weather is cooling off and now is the time :)