Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blog? What Blog?

I wish i had a really good excuse for neglecting the blog world, but i don't. Here i am at 28 wks
And then again with a major pop, it looks like to me, at 30 wks.

I will be officially 32 wks this week, so even this pic is old. But my goal is to get it uploaded and to remain faithful for the duration of the pregnancy. I think i am going to switch to weekly photos now, since there seems to be some major growth going on, but don't hold me to it.

Today when i went shopping i was checking out, and a sweet older lady asked me when i was due, when i told her July 4th, she quickly responded "ooohhh, i don't think you are going to make it. I think she will be early!" I take it i am looking big??

Pregnancy brain has officially hit me. Starting today. In the parking lot. I got lost. Not once, but twice!! The first time was at the mall. I felt like an idiot when two different cars were trying to follow me to my spot, only for me to have to turn around a bazillion times. I had a minor panic attack because i was driving Alfie's car, so i was sure that it had been stolen. I finally found it with phone in hand to call Alfie to tell him that his car was stolen again bc i had forgotten to lock it! I had been looking nowhere near where i had parked either. I should have gone straight home after that, but went to Metro Shoes for mother's day shopping. This time when i couldn't find the car, i wasn't worried, just completely annoyed.

My weight gain at 28 wks was at 15 lbs. It's really the craziest thing, how one day you are feeling good, rocking the bump, and then you walk by a mirror and wonder when the heck you got so big. Just about the time i am feeling comfortable with my belly being that big, it grows again overnight!

Don't get me wrong, i love it. I love knowing that everyday she is growing stronger and it's a day closer to meeting her. I love her constant kicking! She is sooo active. I read that mornings are their least active part of the day, but she is up and moving as soon as i am. Alfie thinks she is practicing her tennis strokes most of the time, but he is also convinced that she likes soccer too. She is not subtle when she moves. If you are around me and watch my belly for 5 minutes you are almost guaranteed to see it go crazy!

I did not pass my glucose test the first time, so i did go back for the 3 hour test. Alfie came and played cards with me, which i totally killed him in... but i ended up passing my test. At least i assume so, as no news is good news. Really, i blame my Dr. for having to back in for the long haul. He didn't tell me not to eat a chocolate bar before i went in. If only i had known, i would have resisted the urge.

I have started experiencing some serious back pains. I don't know how people survive with a sore back. I am a bit dramatic, i know, but seriously the pain has kept me awake for hours unable to sleep. i have found myself on the couch with pillows propping me up in sitting position begging for sleep to come several times now. I like my sleep. I want to sleep. Sitting, standing, laying... it all hurts. I have not gone to the gym this week because the thought makes it hurt worse. I am going to suck it up and go this week. I am. I will. I can do it.

We are starting the childbirth class this week. For the next 3 Monday nights. Alfie actually gets props for organizing this. I mean i do want to know what is going to happen during the hospital stay, but i wasn't exactly looking forward to sitting through lectures about it. When we got the letter with directions to our class it said to bring two bed pillows. Seriously? I thought this was old school? Lamaze is still around? I mean i think i will die laughing if they make me lay on the pillows and practice breathing with Alfie "coaching" me through a contraction. Is that really going to prepare me for the intense pain of labor? I think not. I was thinking more of learning about what to expect when you check in, how to get your name on the list for an epidural ASAP upon arrival, how to know you're actually in labor... those kinda things. We are not taking any other classes. I know many friends have taken the breast feeding class, but i figure if i need help i will take full advantage of the free lactation consultant at the hospital. I had a friend that was not worried about labor, but about breastfeeding. She ended up having a c-section, not knowing what was going on when they took her in for it bc she skipped that chapter, and breastfeed completely fine. I tend to worry more about the pain of labor, and thinking the feeding will happen. I wonder if i am jinxing myself on this?? I seriously hope not, as i plan on doing cloth diapering, and i hear formula smells so much worse.

The nursery is coming along too! That part is really exciting. I have to sew the curtains, and i am waiting for the slipcover to be finished this week, along with the bumper pads. After that it is pretty much hanging things up and waiting for baby to come!

And finally, on a completely different note. I know many people use those ticker things to count the days left of pregnancy, i would like to give you the count downs i am currently thinking about.
  • 15 (work) days-School is almost out!! It is almost summer, I will officially be a career woman no more. There might be a teeny tiny ounce of sadness about this, but i have yet to find it. I have even started cleaning out my classroom and mentally calculating what i will be taking and tossing.
  • 10 days- till i turn 28. I love, love, love my birthday. Always have, and probably always will. It really is more like birthday week, especially when it falls during the week. I am taking school off, and am planning on doing a brunch with the girls. If you are reading this then you are officially invited! Who knows what else i will do to celebrate. My husband always spoils me. He does all the time, but he really goes all out for my birthday. He is so awesome, he humors me, knowing how much i love it.
  • 3 wks- till i am 35 weeks pregnant. I know that at some point at 35 wks there are only 35 DAYS , days people!!, left of pregnancy. This milestone will occur during the last week of school and it couldn't be a better combo.
So in a nutshell, or an essay i suppose at this point, this is what has been happening around here. If anyone made it through all that i am impressed. A special apology to Milena and Victoria about the slack.

3 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

Oh hunny you look great. That sweet little lady is just a little crazy. :) You keep on rocking that bump!

I never took a breastfeeding class, so don't think you're jinxing yourself.

Happy early birthday and I'm getting so excited for you!

Kelly said...

I totally have to give the essay an A+! Well written! I could hear your voice shining through! :-) It is so exciting to read about your progress since I can't be there to cheer you on! Your bump looks beautiful (still tiny!). I love (and envy) your school countdown! We must be done on the same day! I give an extra cheer for you, though, since you get to be "done"! I'm just envious.

As far as prep for the whole shabang goes, I don't know if anything can really prepare you for that day. We skipped all of the classes with Ashton, ended up with a c-section, and survived. Those ob nurses are amazing. They can talk you through everything. Typically I'm a person who likes to be prepared as much as possible, but for some odd reason, childbirth was the one thing that I really felt more comfortable winging. No clue why. You'll do just fine! Soon, soon, soon! Enjoy your last days of school and Happy B-day early! That whole memory thing doesn't end with pregnancy! It's called "Mother's Disease" and it's permanent (lack of sleep, constant worry, etc. might have something to do with that!). Hang in there!
Kelly
(sorry-that turned into a response essay)

Clarissa said...

You look great! Glad to hear everything is going great for you and little one inside. Luke and I took one of those classes and they told us about everything it was great. It was nice to know what was going to happen on D-Day. Breast Feeding is a challenge from start to finish. I breast feed for 8 1/2 months and I thought it would get easier but it didn't it was always one challege after another. Don't get me wrong I would not have done it any other way it is so good for the baby and for you too. I just had the impression that brest feeding was easy, nothing to it. It was only that way 1/2 of the time. Well much loves from us!