Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baby shower

Oh man! It was a great shower! I was super excited about my beautiful cake that a friend, katie, made! I swear it was prettier than my wedding cake. We took several pics. Even i brought out my camera to capture its beauty, but then i let Amy do the rest of the photography! She did a great job!


Just because it really was so gorgeous here is another pic. Katie copied the flowers off my invitation, and the tulips are my favorite flower!!

Here is a layout of the gorgeous and delicious spread. My sister was up at 4 am to bake a bazillion scones and drive all the way across town. Thank you so much!!


We had a lot of fun opening gifts.
Except for my niece Jordan, who was not too impressed with the bags that you put dirty diapers in when you're out and about. A perfectly captured moment :)

These are the wonderful hostesses. I like these pics in black and white, even though the azaleas blooming were absolutely gorgeous!

This is a good friend that is due in about a week and a half from when this photo was taken!! Does she not look amazing? She had written on facebook that she was resting her ice cream bowl on her belly, so i was looking forward to seeing a belly, so i couldnt believe how small she was when she walked in. My guess is little J is right at 7 lbs. Anyone else have a guess?

It was a really great shower. We got so many things already!! Alfie has already put the swing together. Everyday is filled with anticipation for the big day. I need to take a belly shot, but alfie and i have been on opposite schedules. We have, my mom, has finished the bumpers and they are adorable. I have to get my slipcover for the chair, and finish the curtains, but then i think the nursery will be pretty close to ready. I will start uploading pics then.

Oh and we did sell the petunia pickle bottom on ebay. I'm glad we did. I dont know what i will end up using, but i think i am going to search etsy before i make any decisions.

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Awe thanks Erin! Ultrasound today said about 7 1/2 lbs.

Victoria said...

Hey Erin,

Milena and Abuela here. We are astounded at how beautiful you are i these photos. We are so excited to finally see you looking pregnant, we thought you might have been faking it. Pregnancy suits you. Abuela says order another one as soon as Annabelle pops out. We wish we could be there for the showers. Its sad but we're glad you look so happy and are being spoilt so much.

Sending you lots of love

Milena and Abuela Vicki
xoxoxoxoxox