Monday, February 8, 2010

Things are Happening

Many things are happening at our house. Even though we have lived here for two years, these past few weeks of cleaning out, rearranging, painting, and general home improvement for baby, makes it feel like we are either coming or going. Alfie is getting excited to see things (painting) finally come to an end. What he doesn't know is that i have big plans for the guest bathroom, which will require some refinishing and painting. I just made a recent discovery of bead board wallpaper, and am running ideas around about yet another decor change in the dinning area. Eek! I get excited thinking about the possibilities, yet nervous to inform the significant other of my plans :)... i will at least wait until he is done with the nursery. But all of that is another post entirely.

Speaking of getting baby ready, he is putting together the crib tonight! I know we ordered it a bit early, but we knew we loved it for a girl, and since it has been delivered, we might as well get started.
Directions required


Some serious concentration. Must be just right (and safe) for Annabelle.
The other purchase that arrived was the much anticipated "petunia pickle bottom" must have diaper bag.
The verdict is still out on this. Not exactly what i was expecting here. All i told Alfie was that i wanted a neutral one to use for future children, and one that could be used as a backpack or messenger bag. He did the rest. Can't go wrong right? They are all so cute. What i did not know, was that not all bags come in the soft plush material i have seen. Bummer. Ours is not. See the shine?

He loves this aspect though, and it is something i can live with. Other minor disappointment is the color. Online it looked more grey than black, but guess what. It's more black than grey. Another minor let down, but it is still neutral, so again not a major complaint. My one and only concern is that the top does not open as wide as i would like. The zipper stops on the top and not down the sides.

I can see myself getting frustrated at this as i am digging around looking for whatever baby necessity i am looking for. I have never actually opened one up before, so i don't know if this is typical of all the bags or just the one we have. I am going to do some asking around. But when it is all said and done, though i am a little disappointed, Alfie loves it. So that along with the price tag, will keep me from complaining too much. I think.
What do you think? Keep it or send it back?

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Honestly, it doesnt matter if Alf likes it or not. I can honestly say Adam has carried my diaper bag MAYBE a dozen times in 2 1/2 years. So YOU need to be pleased with it, cause YOU will carry it the majority of the time, for years on end. I do like your diaper bag though, its super cute! The opening being small will probably bug you some, but its just a matter of opinion. You have to be able to get into your diaper bag one-handed, while holding a baby, or a dirty diaper, or both! haha
Can't wait to see your crib!
Love ya!

Alissa said...

Super cute!!! I have my eye on a petunia pickle bottom bag too. LOVE them

The Thomas Family said...

The bag is very cute! I almost got one of the glazed ones (Dancing in Dublin). I assume the opening is the same as mine, which I don't have a problem with...we can compare soon, though I can't imagine that all the boxy backpacks would be different sizes. If you don't like the print, you can always switch it. You all are so ahead of the game...slow down or we won't have anything to get you for your showers:)...I guess there is always cloth diapers!

Rebecca said...

I have no comments on the diaper bag. I hardly carried one...ahhh - yet another perk of Eli being 14 months when he came home :)

I can't wait to see Annabelle's room! I'm even going to start calling her the right name. Othwerwise, I'm afraid I'll call her the wrong name forever :)

PS We were Benecca before Brangelina - but after Bennifer (Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez). Yep. We've been together that long!

the garrett family said...

love the diaper bag! its the same opening as mine i think and i havent had a problem.

Brooklyn said...

Cute bag. I am sooo behind. We haven't even picked up our crib from the store much less assembled it.
Hopefully tomorrow.