Sunday, February 14, 2010

20 wks and some change


Alfie seems to think you cant see any belly in this photo, but i would like to point out that that white shirt used to be long. Not so much any more. It either needs to be worn with something over it, or not at all. And just to prove my point, I am publicly showing one of those rather embarrassing bare belly shots. I seriously believe this to be my last bare belly photo, as my book has said from here on out, i will consistently get bigger.
But enough belly. We have picked out colors for the nursery!! I tried to get some good photos of the actual color, but i don't think it turned out as well as they really look. The really small scrap of fabric, though beautiful, is out. At $100.00 a yard, i think I'll pass. I am still on the hunt for a silver blue silk that has a small design like it, but am running out of places to go. Any suggestions are welcome. The wall color is Silver Sage, and the pink is more of a dusty rose color, it will be for the bumper, with the silver being a ruffled bed skirt that goes all the way to the floor.
I am really trying to stay away from the "baby pink" as my mom calls it. More shabby chic, i suppose. What do you think? Yay or nay?

I will leave you an inspiration photo. I love the muted tones in the room. Very relaxing, which i will need at the wee hours of feeding. The only thing i will change is a brighter pink. If you know who i need to give credit to for this photo, please let me know!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, Erin. Your TINY little belly! It's so cute! I was looking at mine the other day wondering how many months pregnant I look. Sadly, my tummy looks that way and I'm NOT pregnant. Unless I am. If so, I will be on that show "I didn't even know I was pregnant" I love that show. Especially when they shout "She just had a baby in the bathroom".

I digress.

Your little tummy IS cute. And, I love your nursery stuff. You are so talented. It's going to be so cute for your little girl!

Alissa said...

LOVE it. very sweet:)

the garrett family said...

love the colors you picked out. and, i agree with reba your belly is TINY!!!

Joi said...

The inspiration pic is gorgeous. I think it will all work beautifully!

leah @maritalbless said...

You look great lady and I love where you're going with nursery!

Jessica said...

You're ridiculas! Go eat some ice cream!

ALFIE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clarissa said...

Congrats on the baby girl in the oven! I'm so happy for you guys. I know you are super crafty Erin and thought you would like this idea for your baby girls room. Below is the link then scrol down to the craft Girls Barettes and Hair Bow Holder. It is super easy to make.
http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/search/label/Girls