Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Introducing

Miss Annabelle Knox! Yesterday we went in for our ultrasound to find out the gender and after much poking, prodding, and repositioning, we were finally able to get a view of her girly parts. The lady was very nice, and actually very patient, as i was becoming very frustrated with the umbilical cord that refused to be kicked out of the way. We promptly made all the phone calls and texts, then went shopping at Baby Gap. We picked up a few things, went on to Old Navy, Target, and an antique store to pick up a mirror i had been eyeing for a girl's room. We are very excited, and are looking forward to meeting her. She is already very loved and we are praying for her daily.

Our actual first purchase for baby was the changing table/dresser. I picked it up at an estate sale last week, and have already started the sanding process. Here is the before shot with a few minor scratches and what not.



I was a little unsure as to whether a changing pad would fit on the top, so i actually called a few friends, then went out to buy one just to be sure (I'm a visual learner). With Holly's inspiration I am excited to have it finished in the room, with the changing pad and a basket in place. Actually, now that i know the gender i am ready to start buying the whole nursery!

I have been a terrible blogger. In fact, i started this blog a little over a year ago, and i think i might be averaging about two posts a month! I have realized that school leaves me feeling uninspired. Go to work, go to the gym, grocery store, pick up/cook, wash dishes.... it feels very uninspiring, and way too boring to type. But, i am going to try to find some little piece of inspiration every day in something somewhere. I am going to change my view of the daily grind, I suppose it will be a semi-late resolution of sorts.

For now I will leave you with a belly shot. Brace yourself, much has changed in 5 1/2 weeks. Until looking at this shot, I didn't think I was that big. So I will keep it covered and skip the actual bare belly that made me want to shed a few tears. Here I am at 17 1/2 weeks, in all my glory


Side Note- That is an actual black tank top under my white shirt. i was wearing a loose fitting shirt over it that i took off for the photo. I am not trying to revive the 80's

5 comments:

Joi said...

That changing table is gorgeous!

Rebecca said...

All the phone calls and texts? Allll the phone calls and texts?

I joke, I joke :)

I can't wait to see how the changing table looks! I know it's going to be cute!

A girl, a girl! Another girl! Girls are sweet and cute and cuddly. She's also going to have her daddy wrapped around her finger - which will be super cute.

I'm glad you clarified your wardrobe choice. I was really worried about you. :) Just kidding. I actually thought it was a cute choice. So, I'm apparently the one stuck in the 80's. :)

Victoria said...

All your glory is so beautiful. my first granddaughter, and you are going to be a yummy mami, I love you

Brooklyn said...

Looking good!! So excited to meet that little girl!

Brady said...

I LOVE it! I was so much bigger than you at this point. You look amazing!