Sunday, September 19, 2010

Losing the Baby Weight

This picture was taken the morning i went in, eight hours before we finally got to meet her! I can look at this picture and see that 1. i did infact put a little weight on in the face and 2. i have lost most of my baby weight. However, most of the weight means that i still have the last 10-8 lbs left. I think i heard "dont worry, breastfeeding will make it just melt off" one too many times, because when 6wks rolled around and i was nowhere near being able to wear my pre pregnancy clothes, i was more than a little depressed.
I have been running since i got the go ahead, but have been getting discouraged lately. Its hard to keep my focus when i cant see the point of getting up early, dying on every run, when things still aren't fitting. in the first 6 wks i would randomly try on something, hoping the breastfeeding had magically melted the weight away, like i had been disillusioned to believe. i decided that was counterproductive though. i'm the kind of person that consoles herself with chocolate instead of a run.
But this morning, in my desperation to find something to wear for church i tried on some of my pants again. and hallelujah i found a pair that fit!! Even though i usually need a belt to keep them up, and this morning i didnt, i was encouraged. So i tried on some jeans. I didnt think i would be able to pull them up, but i could! and i could even button both pairs that i tried on! I am still not ready to be wearing them in public (buttoning them created some MAJOR muffin top), but i feel so much better knowing that maybe i will be ready for my swimsuit in November when we leave for Australia!! It is the motivation that i needed to keep getting up and running! I'm hoping at 3 months postpartum i will be wearing my jeans again- minus the muffin top!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Well, you're doing better than me! I couldn't button my pre-pregnancy jeans until Connor was like 6 months old. But, I eventually lost all the weight and more...so don't get discouraged!!!! You can do it!!!

Clarissa said...

While I was brest feeding I kept half of the weight on the whole time. Once I stopped each week I would lose a few pounds until it was gone. I had the misconception about breast feeding to I was bummed but now i'm back to normal it took me a little over a year. Just be patient you will get there!

Rebecca said...

Eli's been home for 21 months, and I still haven't lost all that weight I gained while waiting for him! I tried to breastfeed him to see if I could lose some pounds that way, but for some reason, he just wouldn't latch on. Hmmm.

I'm laughing at myself writing this comment. All your other blog readers will think I'm deeply disturbed. That's ok. I probably am :)

You look GREAT by the way. Don't even worry about a couple of extra pounds. You are tiny! Your little darling is so worth it!