Saturday, July 11, 2009

Still Celebrating

The last two years we have been out of the country for the 4th of July. This year we were in Bali. We ate seafood and rice instead of hamburgers and hot dogs. Feeling a little twinge of disappointment, just a little as we were having a great time, we decided to buy some fireworks. After some really serious bartering by the guys we walked away with the kind of fireworks that would normally be out of my budget at home (I always end up with sparklers and the little guys). The fireworks were great. We set them off in front of our hotel on the beach. One tube sent off 8 big ones. So big that it caught the attention of some Indonesian Police. Instead of sitting back and enjoying the show we were quickly walking away trying to look innocent. Apparently you cant set fireworks off in front of resorts. Lesson learned.

So even though I am a little late, I decided that for all of the gatherings that I will be going to this weekend, I will be bringing the red, white, and blue. It is better late than never. I made these for our friends kids to enjoy last night. Our flock group is having a BBQ after church tomorrow, for no apparent reason, but I keep teasing that is actually meant to be my late July 4th. I am planning on bringing the watermelon and another patriotic dessert.

Another "better late than never" celebration took place last night. That was my birthday, which was actually back in May. Loving all things birthday I didn't mind in the least. The girls made the cake and cupcakes. And I loved my amber earrings they brought back from the DR for me.



No comments: